Kraft Foods is the world’s 2nd largest food company. With revenues in excess of $48B, they manage 11 brands which generate over $1B annually, and 70 brands which generate more than $100M annually from a global distribution in 160 countries. More than 25% of revenue comes from emerging markets and leveraging their #1 position in biscuits and confectionery, over 50% of global revenue is generated from snacks and confectionery brands such as Lu, Nabisco, Oreo, Cadbury, Milka and Trident.
Key IT and Business Challenges
- Knowledge transfer to Kraft Foods resources facilitated speed of migrations
- Local data stewards took a greater role in managing global change requests
- Virtual migration has helped repeatability and lowered costs
- Harmonized 35,000 customer records cross repository, and cross-system reporting helped define new rules—continuous business improvement through data quality
- Team of three persons managed 195 million records downloaded daily
- 40 Plants had Boring Go-Live data migrations through 12/2009, remainder migrated in 2010
Why BackOffice Associates?
- We provided an innovative approach to Kraft Foods' data migration and management of production data with our data governance solution
- Our planned and pragmatic approach achieved success without increasing additional staff