Queensland Rail (QR), founded in 1865, is the largest rail and transport enterprise in the State of Queensland, Australia. QR has more than 6,000 staff worldwide and built more than 6,000 kilometers of rail tracks.
QR went live on Release 1 of their Data Migration to SAP Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS). However, during Release 2 there were multiple "disciplines" to be migrated, while at the same time enhancement of business processes belonging to the existing "disciplines" in SAP EAMS needed to be performed. QR also wanted to implement new structures and functionality to conform to their business requirements.
Key IT and Business Challenges
- Migrate from Remedy (TSMS) to existing SAP EAMS instance for three business areas
- Restructuring of existing functional locations
- Improve data quality and business design during the migration process
- Go-live data migration achieved in the given time frame and on-budget
- Increased data quality to 99% load accuracy
- Established a data validation and data reconciliation process that did not previously exist
- Migration of all the records with no system/application downtime
- Standardization of data across all business units
- BackOffice also made the reconciliation tool readily available to achieve a smooth post load reconciliation with the SMEs
Why BackOffice Associates?
"With BackOffice on our side, our goal to reduce the SMEs' manual process in data preparation has been achieved. Swift requirement changes were addressed and implemented. Easy field by field reconciliation was made possible. Just like the way we needed . . . The BackOffice Data Assessment helped us to map the fields of our Remedy system using their Data Dictionary in the Data Stewardship Platform. Remedy system fields are cryptic and very difficult to map without this feature." - Stanley Takis, Program Director, SAP EAMS at Queensland Rail