Banco BICSA (Banco Internacional de Costa Rica) provides financial services through six US and Central American offices located in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Miami, Nicaragua and Panama. With an initial capital of US$2.5 million, Banco BICSA was founded to provide commercial financing services to corporate accounts.
Banco BICSA in Panama established a large set of data on IBM DB2 on its IBM i. This data is a collection of financial transactions, individual and corporate account information and other business information. However, its reporting and analysis applications reside on its Microsoft SQL Server 2005 system. Banco BICSA needed to establish an automatic and reliable way to integrate data between its IBM i and Microsoft database, in order to provide rapid, reliable and accurate data to its business intelligence systems. The bank had originally established a manual text retrieval system that was dependent on staff resources, training and availability for efficient data integration. At its peak transaction times, this process turned out to be time-consuming and labor-intensive. The bank was concerned about providing a high level of accuracy and user satisfaction, while keeping control of the costs involved in this manual process.
Key IT and Business Challenges
- Establish an automatic and reliable way to integrate data between IBM i and Microsoft database
- Provide rapid, reliable and accurate data to its business intelligence systems
- Banco BICSA reduced man-hours, increased efficiency and noted a significant increase in the quality of the data integration results
Why BackOffice Associates?
- DBMoto allowed Banco BICSA to reduce time and effort in their data integration requirements
- DBMoto provided synchronization between various heterogeneous databases which was a key criteria