Eton Properties is the real estate brand of the Lucio Tan Group, one of the biggest business conglomerates in the Philippines. With an extensive land bank in strategic locations all over the Philippines, Eton specializes in building residential, office, retail, and mixed-use developments.
Eton set a goal to achieve consolidated data in a single integrated system that could facilitate accurate financial reporting and enable the company to make better business decisions. With this goal, the company introduced “ONE SAP: One New Eton,” a project that aims to launch a centralized, end-to-end system that will be supported by validated and business-ready data.
Besides pursuing an aggressive timeline to achieve the SAP implementation, Eton was also facing significant data-related challenges and needed the help of a company to help eradicate the risk of "bad data" that could potentially pose as a challenge to the success of the whole project.
Key IT and Business Challenges
- Consolidation of Excel data and other legacy sources to improve financial reporting for better business decisions
- Achieve success migration to SAP in October 2014 with improved system functionalities and streamlined and efficient processes
- Generate accurate financial reports in accordance with established reporting standards
- Go-live data migration achieved in the target timeframe
- Relevant data with higher quality brought across to the new SAP system with a plan to maintain quality after go-live
- Automation, validation, governance and loading to SAP of project settlement rules for fixed assets and cost centers, thereby streamlining financial month end closing and ensuring accurate data for regulatory reporting
Why BackOffice Associates?
BackOffice Associates provided Eton Properties with a data assessment to better understand their data by analyzing 3 different data sources and identifying their data's business relevance and readiness. After experiencing the value of the initial assessment, Eton Properties deployed BackOffice Associates' platform-supported data migration approach to help them with the data tracking of their implementation project by acting as the "single source of the truth" through their tracking and progress monitoring that was needed to meet their aggressive timeline.