What is Information Governance? The success of a business is increasingly influenced by how effectively it utilizes data within strategic decision making & operations. But when a business views its critical data simply as a byproduct of business processes, and doesn’t value it as a business asset, it increases the risk of not being able to achieve its desired outcomes.
Instituting an information governance program puts a business in a position to:
- Directly link data to corporate strategy and business initiatives
- Create a view of data that everyone in the business can understand
- Improve the quality and thus trust in data
- Create a single view of the policies and rules that shape data
- Reduce the risk of security exposures
- Ease efforts to comply with regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This eBook helps answer the question "What is Information Governance?"